Saturday, November 8, 2008

Day 5----Read this

I believe that people should take pride in what they do, even if it is scorned or misunderstood by the public at large.I have been a professional skateboarder for 24 years. For much of that time, the activity that paid my rent and gave me my greatest joy was tagged with many labels, most of which were ugly. It was a kids' fad, a waste of time, a dangerous pursuit, a crime.When I was about 17, three years after I turned pro, my high school "careers" teacher scolded me in front of the entire class about jumping ahead in my workbook. He told me that I would never make it in the workplace if I didn't follow directions explicitly. He said I'd never make a living as a skateboarder, so it seemed to him that my future was bleak.

The original acticle is from This I believe .org
http://www.thisibelieve.org/dsp_ShowEssay.php?uid=22870
1.pride---驕傲
2.scorn---輕視
3.public---公眾的
4.skateboarder---滑板玩家
5.activity---活動
6.rent---出租
7.tag---貼
8.label---標籤
9.fad---一實的風尚
10.pursuit---追求,尋求

No comments: