Wednesday, January 7, 2009

DAY3- funny advertisment from discovery channel


Astronaut 1: It never gets old huh? 地球看起來好像都沒有變老蛤?
Astronaut 2: Nope 是阿沒有
Astronaut 1: It kinda makes you wanna.... 這不會讓你有點...
Astronaut 2: Breaking into song? 想要唱首歌?
Astronaut 1: Yep 是呀!

I love the mountains, I love the clear blue skies 我愛高山,我愛清澈蔚藍的天空
I love big bridges, I love when great whites fly 我愛大橋,我愛騰空跳躍的大白鯊(great whites=great white shark)
I love the whole world and all its sights and sounds 我愛全世界還有它的所有景色和聲音

Boom-de -yada, Boom-de -yada, Boom-de -yada, Boom-de -yada,

I love the oceans, I love real dirty things 我愛海洋, 我愛那些真的很髒的東西
I love to go fast, I love Egyptian kings 我愛開快,我愛埃及王
I love the whole world and all its craziness 我愛全世界還有它的瘋狂

Boom-de -yada, Boom-de -yada, Boom-de -yada, Boom-de -yada,

I love tornadoes, I love arachnids 我愛龍捲風,我愛蛛型綱動物(蜘蛛類)
I love hot magma, I love the giant squids 我愛熱岩漿,我愛巨型烏賊
I love the whole world, it's such a brilliant place 我愛全世界,它真是個多采多姿五花八門的地方

Boom-de -yada, Boom-de -yada, Boom-de -yada, Boom-de -yada, .......................

The world is just awesome


以上是我大致上的翻譯

1. astronaut (n) 太空人
Neil Armstrong is the first astronaut to walk on the moon.
尼爾‧阿姆斯壯是第一位在月球漫步的太空人


2. break into (ph) 突然...起來.打斷.闖入
He felt so happy that he broke into song
他覺得很開心以致於突然唱起歌來

3. Egyptian (a) 埃及的 (n) 埃及人

4. craziness (n) 瘋狂.愚蠢
At first we were very much interested in him, but now we are afraid of his craziness.
最初我們對他很感興趣,可現在我們對他的瘋狂感到恐懼

You could see his craziness and his cunningness both in his face.
在他的臉上你可以同時看到他的愚蠢和狡猾


5. tornado (n) 龍捲風
A tornado whirled into town.
龍捲風刮進了城裡


6. arachnid (n) 蛛形綱動物]
any of a group of small animals, similar to insects but with four pairs of legs, which include spiders, scorpions(蝎子), ticks(壁蝨) and mites(小蜘蛛.小蝨)

7. magma (n) 岩漿

8. squid (n) 烏賊

9. brilliant (a) 明亮的.色彩鮮豔的.出色的
He came up with a brilliant idea.
他想出了一個絕妙的主意

The moon was brilliant.
月光明亮極了

10. awesome (a) 令人敬畏的.令人讚嘆的

3 comments:

李大慶 said...

i love music

李大慶 said...

Boom-de -yada, Boom-de -yada, Boom-de -yada, Boom-de -yada, .......................

i don"t onthesdame

Mavis said...

你是說understand吧????Boom-de -yada沒什麼意思..它不是英文.我想大概是非洲那邊的方言吧...就像獅子王裡面不是也有句歌詞A-counamatta一樣....它不是英文好嗎..............認真學習固然很好...但.....常識也拿出來好嗎