Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Day 2

I select the article from http://thisibelieve.org/index.php

Be Yourself and the Rest Will Follow
I believe that throughout humanity as a whole, our similarities greatly outweigh our differences. Being only 23 years old and having never lived outside of my native West Virginia, I had no idea of what to expect when I took a job teaching English in Valladolid, Spain. I had gotten my bachelor's degree in Spanish from WVU in Morgantown, and had taught a couple of classes as a grad student. It wasn't the language difference or the responsibility of teaching that filled my thoughts on my first journey away from North America. It was a fear of somehow being inherently different. I couldn't explain it, but I tried to research as much as possible to keep my imaginary fears from becoming realities.

1.humanity---人性,人道
2.similarity---類似,相似
3.outweigh---比...更重要(更有價值)
4.expect---期待,期望
5.bachelor---學士
6.grad---研究生
7.inherently---天性地
8.research---研究,調查
9.imaginary---想像的,幻想的
10.reality---現實

No comments: