Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Day3(續上篇)

I spoke to many of my family, friends and fellow students about how to "fit in." I received a barrage of advice. For example, I was told not to wear white socks, not to wear any of my WVU t-shirts, not to frequent places associated with Americans like Mc Donald's. I was told to steer clear of hanging out with other Americans and to keep quiet about my own nationality as much as possible. For some reason or another, this series of helpful hints didn't sit well with me. Was I really going to have to go to all this trouble to live in Europe? Couldn't I just be the same guy that I had always been?

1.fellow---同事,伙伴
2.barrage---彈幕, 阻攔,阻塞, 齊射式攻擊;猛烈的攻擊
3.advice---建議
4.frequent---常到,常去,時常出現於
5.associated---相關的,關聯的
6.steer---指導,帶領,遵循,建議
7.hang out---(口語)玩耍
8.nationality---國籍,民族
9.series---一連串的
10.hint---暗示

1 comment:

Mavis said...

補充:steer clear of(ph)-避開